Monday, October 5, 2015

In-Class Reading of Monster of Monsters

I had the pleasure of reading Lesky Lee, Monster of Monsters to the 3rd-grade class at Bronx P.S. 81. Full disclosure, the visit was arranged as part of a birthday celebration for one of the students -- the real Lesky Lee, my daughter Alexa. But all of the kids (and dare I say the teacher, too) enjoyed hearing the story from the source, learning about what goes into writing even the shortest of stories, the process of hiring and collaborating with an artist, and more. I handed out MoM activity worksheets for the kids to do while enjoying some end-of-day birthday treats. It was good time, and I certainly wouldn't mind doing it again. Next book, maybe?

Thanks for having me!


If you are interested in setting up a reading or school visit, send me an email (d18matt(at)gmail.com). 

No comments:

Post a Comment